Monday, April 11, 2011

The Delivery, or Not.

 

Okay, so I had it all worked out.  I would gather my children from school and all of their after school activities, and we would deliver the print to the art museum together.  How cool for them and me, I thought.  They will get to see behind the scenes at the art museum (one of their favorite places!) and possibly meet some other artists.  In case you didn’t know, my youngest is an aspiring artist, with the pencil and the instrument (:

Anyway, it was 5 o’clock and we were all home.  Whipped out the camera to take some pre-delivery shots.  This one ended up being my favorite, and it’s the one where I’m testing my camera settings!

 

 

DSC_1563

 

(for photogs – I always take at least one test shot to verify my histogram is where I need it to be.  Click HERE for a tutorial provided by MCP Actions)

 

“Let me check my email one more time to verify exactly where I need to go ” I told my kids, as they loaded into the car.  I pulled up the email, and it said, “… from 10a-5pm”.  Oh swear word.  I thought the drop –off time ended at 6pm.  So we rushed over, and although the art museum isn’t far from my house, we had to endure some ridiculous Carolina Hurricanes pre-game traffic on the way. 

 

I was a bit stressed because I am the on time person.  I HATE to be late.  Especially for glorious moments such as this!!

We arrived at 5:45 and there was nobody but the crickets hanging around. 

 

Needless to say, this tipped my mood a bit.  However, I was able to deliver my print the next day.  Without the children.  Without any photographic evidence.  But that’s okay (:

 

~Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment