Thursday, January 14, 2010

Variety Thursday

Jan14

My baby girl is getting ready to pass into young girl-hood.  Losing a front tooth any second now.  Yeah, she’s lost a couple already, but nothing changes the smile more than the front tooth.  That sweet baby smile … who knew I was so sentimental?  I do embrace her growing up, but it’s just so bittersweet with the youngest one.

I am shooting in Manual Mode on my Nikon D60 now (M on the dial).  Thus, this picture has ‘blown out’ highlights, as my setting weren’t quite correct.  Funny though, I kinda like it.  I may try this more often, perhaps not as severely.  We’ll see.  The beauty of photography and taking lots of pictures – you learn something every day!  Whether it be about your personal tastes or operating your camera, it’s a good thing.  I can already tell I am going to enjoy this 365 journey!

Jan14_1

May be one of the last times I see this perfect little ‘baby’ smile.

Jan14_2

There’s more! As if ice on the lake wasn’t enough of an oddity (first time in 5 years), now there’s swans!  Lucky for me I happened to grab my camera on the way out the door.  I was simply going to take photos of the ice, as my children were skeptical.  I was jogging along, checking for good views to come back and take photos of ice, and if I didn’t stop dead in my tracks and rub my eyes!  A pair of swans making a perfect heart shape with their heads!  To make the long story short, I ran BACK to my car (about 1/2 mile), got my camera, and proceeded to have a really fun photo walk/jog in the 28 degree weather.  (I’m so so lucky to have the freedom to do these things!)

Jan14_3

One more from my photo walk.  Definitely going to do this EVERY month!

~Kathy~

No comments:

Post a Comment