Monday, May 30, 2011

Big Brown Eyes.

 

 

On Thursday I took my 50mm 1.4 lens in to be calibrated to my D300S.  My two utmost favorite pieces of equipment – want them to work at their full potential.  I had been noticing lately that the wider my aperture, the more my focal points weren’t tack sharp.

 

My favorite local camera shop offers this service.  However, if you are interested in doing it yourself you can rent or purchase the equipment and try it out.  I rented the Lens Align System once, and let’s just say it was doable, but frustrating at the same time!

 

Oh boy though, what a HUGE difference it makes.  I LIVE for tack sharp eyes. 

Be ready for a few more posts of sharp eyes (:

 

 

 

 

I was playing around on the back deck while we were grilling out.

“Hey son, look at me” … and snapped this one :

DSC_2974

f/1.8   1/125th  ISO160

 

(I normally have to shoot at 2.8 to get this level of sharpness!)

 

I did not do any editing except a curves adjustment, resize and sharpen for web.

 

 

I let my son play around in Lightroom per his request, and here is what he came up with :

 

 

DSC_2974-2

I like it I tell ya!

 

Hope you’re enjoying your long weekend~

 

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment