Monday, September 26, 2011

Fleeting Days of Summer

Lucky for us here in NC, September does not mean the end of the warm weather.  And October can still be water fun worthy – last year we were wearing shorts on Halloween!

 

Here’s a few fun shots from a recent boat outing …

 

Photobucket

 

How did you get that angle you may be asking yourself?  Yes, I am crazy.  One arm wrapped around a float pillow, and the other with camera in hand.  (My trusty dusty D60, which IS a great camera … ) I’m a very strong swimmer anyway!  I just had to get that sky.

 

 

Photobucket

The boat drifted, and I lost my sky, but got a new favorite family shot.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photobucket

The sun was going down.  Right place at the right time Smile

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photobucket

Does she look like a year round swimmer or what?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photobucket

Faster Daddy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Photobucket

 

I’m not ready for summer to end … I love summer fun!

 

This weekend we are heading to Nags Head for three glorious days and nights!  It’s our yearly fall trip for my birthday.  Normally we go to Ocracoke Island, but after the hurricane things are a bit messed up with ferries and such.  However, I am excited because I am scheming a photo shoot (so to speak) of my family on Jockey’s Ridge.  Think brightly colored kites, sunset, and lots of laughter.  Lets hope it doesn’t rain!

 

I will be sharing a few images from the Day Wedding this week – stay tuned!

 

~Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment